The OLEA® APP INVERTER HE is a Silicon Mobility application providing a turnkey High Efficiency Inverter control including the Adaptive PWM Control (APC) and FOC/SVPWM algorithms optimized for the OLEA® FPCU semiconductor.
The OLEA® APP INVERTER HE is a complete suite of software components which includes :
- Inverter Application and Safety software components (ASW)
- Inverter Complex Device Drivers (CDD)
- Basic Software components.(BSW)
- Safe and Highly Efficient Inverter and eMotor Control
- Up to 20% energy gain
- Reduction of switching losses in Inverter up to 70%
- Reduction of Iron losses and copper losses in eMotor
- 30% eMotor torque/speed range increase
- Singe chip solution delivering +50% BoM reduction
- ASIL-D ISO 26262 design
- Up to 20% energy gain
- Support for various motor types
Advanced control algorithms
- Adaptive PWM Control (APC)
- Overmodulation with Noise Reduction (ONR)
- Selective Harmonic Elimination (SHE)
- Voltage Phase Compensation (VPC)
- Soft-switching of power switches
- Space Vector Modulation (SVPWM) with Field Oriented Control (FoC)
The OLEA® APP INVERTER HE can be adapted to a wider range of inverter/e-Motor characteristics
- Compatible with all power transistor technologies (MOSFET, IGBT, SiC and GaN) and all e-Motor voltages (<60V and > 60V)
- Support all types of e-Motor (PMSM, WRSM and more)
- Support all number of pair poles (1, 2, 4, 8 and more)
- Support all number of phases current acquisition (3, 6, 12 and more)
- Compatible with all types of position sensor (Resolver, Hall effect)
Adaptive PWM control(APC) – Up to 20% energy gain & 30% of eMotor operating range extension
The Adaptive PWM Control (APC) reduces energy losses of both the inverter and the electric motor power stages.
Based on the electrical angle position and the requested power (Torque x Speed), APC orchestrates several advanced algorithms to suppress useless switching events on the inverter and to improve the e-Motor Torque/Speed operating points. These advanced algorithms are:
- Selective Harmonic Elimination (SHE) – Eliminate Harmonics to reduce iron losses.
- Overmodulation with Noise Reduction (ONR) – Increases the speed range and reduces the copper losses in the “constant torque” area. The harmonics generated as a consequence of the overmodulation are suppressed with APC.
- Voltage Phase Compensation (VPC) – Better correct the magnetic angle of the e-Motor to extend its operating range and to better reduce iron and copper losses.
Impact of algorithms per type of losses:
Soft Switching – Real time control
Soft-switching prevents power transistor’s voltage and current signals to overlap. This reduces switching losses, transistor heating and conduction losses and deliver wide-bandgap performances regardless of the power technology in use.
Soft-switching algorithms enables a x5 switching frequency increase to extend the eMotor operating range while cancelling power transistor’s losses.
Soft-switching enables doubling of current rating to reduce transistor size and cost by a factor of 2.
Complete package including:
- MATLAB Simulink Target Model
- Complex Device Drivers (CDD) inc. APC algorithm
- Inverter application and safety software (ASW)
- Basic Software (BSW) & Run-Time Environment (RTE) template
- Safety work products
- Reference designs
- Consultation with our in-house experts
All the software is compliant with AUTOSAR 4.3 requirements