Intel to Acquire Silicon Mobility to Unlock a More Sustainable Electrified Future
- Acquisition of Silicon Mobility SAS to bring AI efficiencies to electric vehicle (EV) energy management, subject to necessary approvals.
- New Intel AI-enhanced software-defined vehicle (SDV) SoCs will enable in-vehicle AI such as GenAI and camera-based driver/passenger monitoring.
- Zeekr to use Intel’s new SDV SoC to bring enhanced GenAI living room experiences to next-generation vehicles.
- Intel to chair new SAE automotive vehicle power management standard workgroup.
- Intel to deliver the industry’s first open automotive chiplet platform enabling customers to integrate their own chiplet into an Intel Automotive product.
Today at CES, Intel announced plans to drive the company’s AI everywhere strategy into the automotive market, including a deal to acquire Silicon Mobility, a fabless silicon and software company that specializes in SoCs for intelligent electric vehicle (EV) energy management. Intel also announced: a new family of AI-enhanced software-defined vehicle system-on-chips (SoCs), with Zeekr as the first original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to adopt the new SoC to deliver its generative AI-driven living room experiences to next-generation vehicles.
For more information on Silicon Mobility and the OLEA product suiteContact us
Blog February 13, 2024
OLEA solution for inverter applications, now available as a booster to legacy platforms
Let’s dive into the role of the Auxiliary Function OEMs and Tier1 face challenges in integrating disruptive technology in advanced...