The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
The Company is opening a Product Engineer position in its main Research and Development center located in the Sophia-Antipolis Technology Park on the French Riviera.
You are a brilliant and passionate System on Chip Product Engineer for Automotive Applications? You want to support the development of disruptive products accelerating the car’s powertrain electrification? At Silicon Mobility, we like to light up our employee’s potential. Are you up for the challenge? Contact us: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Role & Missions
The mission of the Product Engineer is to manage cost, quality and productivity for our FPCU (Field Programmable Control Unit) device manufacturing. He is part of the Operations Department and reports directly to the Vice-President. The candidate will be responsible to manage and optimize the manufacturing supply chain: foundry technologies, test and assembly house for our products. He monitors the yield and leads productivity and cost optimization. He will work with Design, Test, Quality, Application engineers, foundries and customers to support FPCU System on Chip production, automotive qualification and manage any changes affecting devices.
Your role will include:
The Product Engineer will develop and drive a compelling manufacturing strategy:
- Identify, plan and execute projects to improve cost, yield, quality and productivity of products in his/her portfolio;
- Perform qualification of product changes, wafer fab transfers, and new package release;
- Analyse and resolve technical issues and challenges in Fab, Probe, Assembly, Test, Safety and Design working closely with marketing, design, external manufacturing teams;
- Support application & design engineering team in resolving customer application issues;
- Support the development and manufacturing of highly integrated processors;
- Manage product quality claims following 8D process. Coordinate corrective & preventive action with subcontractors (RMA, Audits);
- Yield Product, Test Time improvements;
- Lead the New Product Introduction and Safe Launch Plan Phase, managing test programs development, debug and qualification,
- On time delivery of the product documentations (PPAP).
Required Skills and Experience
- Motivational and Inspiring
- Collaborative Nature
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven skills in failure analysis, test software programming, statistical analysis, VLSI design, and/or test methodology development
- Knowledge on product yield & cost improvement and/or NPI start-up,
- Demonstrated experience in Automotive IC qualification (AEC-Q100, ISO 26262).
- Software skills: script writing (perl); excel macros and visual basic; C (C+)
- Good understanding of semiconductor technology and microcontroller operation, preferred in Automotive.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving Approach (8D, FMEA),
- Demonstrated experience in Electronic Failure Analysis
- Disciplined in Project Leadership skills
- Ability to read people and situations
- Ability to communicate with customer and suppliers
- Ability to provide candid feedback in a respectful manner
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong listening & presentation skills
- Fluent in English
- German speaking is a plus
- Proactive leadership style.
- Able to make sound decisions weighing all aspects of a situation.
- Ability to manage change.
- Ability to interact and drive wafer foundry, assembly and test house.
- Results focused & Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with Automotive customers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks & meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of CMOS technology and product development cycle.