The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to supporting the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a full-stack automotive technology player powering control solutions for a cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company semiconductor, tools and software solutions provide energy efficiency and pollutant emissions reduction while keeping passengers safe.
The Company is opening a new Automotive Software Product Director position to head its software products management for the vehicle electrification and autonomous driving application. The position is based in its headquarters, in Sophia-Antipolis Technology Park, on the French Riviera.
If you want to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products; if you want to deliver products that impact the Automotive Ecosystem with technologies that remove the roadblock of Electrified Vehicles and help create the crucial nerve system of Autonomous cars; if you are a brilliant Product Manager, passionate about building new products and creating high value to customers and end users; if you have previous product management experience and have successfully driven breakthrough technologies for the automotive market; If you have been intimately involved from initial product vision to product adoption by customers; If you are comfortable working with business and technical teams, simplifying complex subjects and helping experts understand the business value of their work : WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR APPLICATION!
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role & Missions
Role: Product Director
Reporting: Vice-President Product
As part of the Product team, you will be in charge of the OLEA Product Management.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key stakeholders
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Articulate the product positioning and translate its benefits at Electric and Electronic vehicle Architecture (EEA) level.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements
- Listen, collect, understand and convey customer requirements
- Define requirements and specifications
- Drive the product roadmap
- Analyse and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Drive product launches in collaboration with executives, marketing team and other product team members
- Work closely with the marketing team to synchronize marketing plans and communication with the product line strategy
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Pitch the product and technologies at Exhibitions and Symposiums
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Support Sales activities with product presentations and customer facing as a product expert
The position requires pro-active involvement with all departments of the Company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Electrical and Software Engineering or related technical field
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years of product management/marketing experience or equivalent in the automotive industry.
- Strong knowledge of the Automotive Electric, Electronic Architecture (EEA) for the powertrain electrification and autonomous driving
- Previous experience in product strategy, development and management
- Proven track record of software product management
- Familiar with powertrain applications, AUTOSAR BSW, MCAL and CDD and ISO 26262.
- Good written and oral communications skills including ability to format differentiated positioning and messaging, build effective sales content, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Ability to build strong work relationships across all levels of the organization, with specific focus on sales and product management
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge in French, German, Chinese or Japanese is a plus
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-growth and start-up environment.
- Strong ability to adapt to different interlocutors and negotiate
- Strong organization skills, exhibits excellent time/priority management
- Willingness to travel internationally