SILant®, Silicon Mobility’s wholly integrated functional safety technology, goes beyond Safety Element out of Context (SEooC)
- Unload CPU from several safety tasks
- Simplify software code
- Drastically shorten Indication Time / Process Safety Time (PST)
- Support system scalability and reuse
- Save specification, development and assessment efforts
Click on picture to enlarge
SILant® is a superset of technology spread all over OLEA
- SILant® Core protecting the safety core architecture,
- SILant® Infrastructure protecting main resources and critical functions,
- SILant® Fault Manager collecting faults, controlling faults reaction, containement and correction,
- SILant® Sanity Checker monitoring latent faults.
- Asynchronous LockStep (ALS): Autonomous vectors verification in any order, at any moment and in any memory area, covering transient faults apparition.
- Execution Flow Control (EFC): Monitors and checks applications state machines transitions and timings.
- Event Sequence Control (ESC): Monitors and checks defined sequences and timing of application-dependent events.
- RAM with SECDED ECC
- Flash with SECDED ECC
- Interconnect with multi-layer MPU, ECC on data, Parity on Address and Command
- Safe clock (IRC)
- Clock monitoring
- Safe I/O (Safe state restore)
- I/O monitoring with loopback
- I/O supply LVD
- Core supply HVD & LVD
- Temperature monitoring
SILant® Fault Manager
- Configurable fault reactions
- Sub-system, peripherals & global
- Long – short duration
- Safe clocks switch
- Interrupt generations (Maskable & Non Maskable)
- FLU reprogramming correction
- External 2-pins
- Faults diagnostic
SILant® Sanity Checker
- Logic self test
- BIST Memory
- ADC self test
SILant® comes with a complete safety work package
- Safety Life Cycle
- Safety architectures
- Assumptions of usages
- Safety analysis results
- Traceability information
Safety analysis work product
- MCU partitioning for safety analysis
- FMEA concept report
- Dependent Failure analysis report
- Common Cause Failure (CCF) analysis report
- Cascading Fault analysis report
- SPFM, LPFM & PHFM Metrics
SILant® in action : safe sensorless Field-oriented Control (FoC), with Space Vector Modulation (SVM), of 3-phases Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM)
Click on picture to enlarge
- AMEC® FLU is hosting a sensorless space vector modulation field-oriented control for 3-phases permanent magnet synchronous motor using redundant PWMT and ADC.
- SILant® Fault Manager is collecting in parallel hardware checkers status monitoring for errors.
- Event Sequence Control monitor the correct succession of events and report any error.
- In case of error, SILant® Fault Manager is reporting to main application and automatically switch I/O's to safe state in nanoseconds.