The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
The Company is opening an “SoC Physical Design Technical Lead” position in its main Research and Development center ideally located in the Sophia-Antipolis Technology Park on the French Riviera.
You are a brilliant and passionate by System on Chip physical design and project management for Automotive Applications? You want to support the development of disruptive products accelerating the car’s powertrain electrification? At Silicon Mobility, we like to light up our employee’s potential. Are you up for the challenge? Contact us: send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Role & Missions
As part of the FPCU integrated circuits Engineering team, you will be in charge of the complete execution of the physical design activities.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage the physical design engineering team and sub-contractors
- Physical design activities planning
- Analyse and validate the silicon implementation solutions (silicon technology, packaging, EDA tools, …)
- Continuous improvement of physical design development flows and automation
- Contribute to FPCU product requirements are specification
- Responsible for the Power Performance Area feasibilities studies
- Communication interface with silicon and packaging factories
- Responsible for the quality of physical design deliveries
- Support for Marketing, Product and Operations teams (RFQ, failure analysis, Feasibilities, …)
- Team skills management
The position requires pro-active involvement with all departments of the Company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good university degree in microelectronics engineering
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in System-On-Chip physical design.
- Expertise on logic synthesis, floor planning, Place&Route, power analysis, DRC, LVS, …
- An experience in silicon analog macros integration shall be appreciated
- Knowledge of Synopsys EDA tools is highly recommended
- An experience in automotive grade products development is a plus
- ISO26262 knowledge and experience is a plus
- Experience in project planning and team management is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Be self-motivated, pro-active, flexible and capable of accepting new challenges
- Be autonomous, organized, rigorous, and have a high sense of priorities
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and team working
- Ready to travel abroad