Silicon Mobility is a fast growing technology leader for cleaner, safer, and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe, and open semiconductor-based solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions of hybrid and electric vehicle while keeping passengers safe.
Silicon Mobility is increasing its foothold in the Bay Area and opens a “Marketing Manager” position to strengthen its local team.
As Marketing Manager, you will work closely with the VP Marketing and Business Development and will lead product positioning and communication marketing activities including product knowledge awareness, content creation, public relations and creative projects.
You are the ideal candidate if you have previous experience in automotive technology ecosystem, including software, semiconductor or systems. You have a strong sense of initiative, excellent interpersonal skills and are able to work effectively across various functional organizations such as Applications Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Engineering and Sales. Technical depth is a must in order to be effective in interacting with engineers both internally and externally. You have this unique ability to translate the complexity of highly technical product into values and benefits for the end customer’s applications. Contact us: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ROLE & missions
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Manage marketing and content materials related to Silicon Mobility products portfolio.
- Run market research and analysis, at industry and product level, in order to identify new opportunities.
- Collect competitive information, including performance, pricing, SWOT.
- Plan and execute communication plan.
- Organize and attend trade shows.
- Generate and manage public communication marketing content including press releases, website and technical articles.
- Animate Product positioning & branding in coordination with marketing communications goal and corporate strategy.
- In coordination with Product Marketing Department, ensure that products and projects meet market requirements and corporate profitability objectives.
- Spend time in the field with sales team members and clients
- 50% travel in the US, Asia and Europe
- Reports to VP Marketing and Business Development
The position requires pro-active involvement with all departments of the Company.
Competencies and Qualifications
- 3+ years of progressive experience working in the field of Marketing or Communication at a complex technology company
- Sales/Business Development experience a plus
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical field, or BS in Marketing with a deep passion for technical product. MSc is preferred
- Experience with complex, long-term, value-driven sales cycle, particularly for new products in new markets
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and pipeline management skills
- Ability to design, develop, implement and track marketing strategies and plans for driving growth and penetration within selected markets
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate and work at a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
- Highly motivated, highly creative self-starter, outgoing personality, and team player
- Ability to set, manage and deliver upon mutually agreed goals
- Comfortable with technical and business audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and passion for technology
- Experience in winning relationship building (alliance/partner management)