SILICON MOBILITY SAS (immatriculée 815 085 659 000 28 RCS Grasse)
Siege social : Les Aqueducs – Bât 2 – 535, route des Lucioles – 06560 Valbonne Sophia-Antipolis
The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to supporting the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
We are looking for a motivated candidate to join our R&D team based in Sophia-Antipolis on the Riviera.
If you are interested, please contact us and send us your application and CV to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Role & Missions
During this assignment, the intern will join the R&D system team and take part in the development of the software control application for automotive DC-DC converters. The intern will be in charge of the configuration part of the application from specification down to validation on Hardware in the Loop environment, covering the AGILE development flow with the project team. The Silicon Mobility solution is based on OLEA® FPCU (Field Programmable Control Unit that embeds a CPU core, programmable logic, memories, and peripherals).
This internship includes analyzing, defining, developing, and testing the developed software.
During the training period, several tasks will be covered:
- Learning phase
In the course of this task, the intern will have to learn the several DC-DC converters control algorithms supported, the architecture of OLEA® FPCU, the development tools used including OLEA® COMPOSER environment and flow. Particular attention will be paid to the interface and resources to be used by the DC-DC converter application and the relevant safety concepts.
- Specification and implementation
The trainee will be in charge to redact a detailed specification of the configuration to be used aligned with the configuration tools. Then the configuration will be implemented and integrated. This integration will be performed in collaboration with the software development team.
- Verification and documentation
During this task, the intern will have to verify all the configurations using Hardware in the Loop environment. A User Guide will be written to guide users in configuring the final application.
Required Skills and Experience
- Last year of Masters (BAC+5 or equivalent)
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- For this training we are looking for a candidate with good knowledge of embedded systems and embedded C programming.
- Good skills in electrotechnics, control algorithms, Matlab Simulink, DCDC converter, and inverter technology would be a plus.
- The candidate shall be autonomous and rigorous with a strong team spirit.
- English speaking is required.
- General knowledge in microcontroller development
- Development of critical real-time embedded software on ARM processor
- Advanced control algorithm (DCDC converter, Motor control)
- Requirements analysis and specifications writing
- Embedded system testing