SILICON MOBILITY SAS (registration number 815 085 659 000 RCS Grasse)
Head office : Les Aqueducs – Bât 2 – 535, route des Lucioles – 06560 Valbonne Sophia-Antipolis
The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, and connectivity are trends that are changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to supporting the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer, and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe, and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
We are looking for a motivated candidate to join our company in Sophia-Antipolis on the French Riviera.
Please contact us: email@example.com
Content / mission
As part of its product roadmap, Silicon Mobility is developing its new generation of System-on-Chip called OLEA® FPCU (Field Programmable Control Unit). This innovative architectural component is based on a multi-core architecture combined with a patented real-time subsystem including an embedded programmable logic structure.
The proposed internship addresses a specific need of the SoC development team: participation in the verification of the SoC on an FPGA prototype. The prototyping of the SoC on FPGA allows the design team to verify various functionalities (or IP) quickly and deeply.
The following activities will be carried out during the internship:
- Set up a flow to be able to run a test or a complete regression on a remote FPGA.
- Participate in the definition of various tests to be run on the FPGA prototype such as:
- Performance tests: allowing for improving the architecture of the SoC itself.
- Robustness tests: allowing to quickly find corner cases bugs.
- Debug-oriented tests: allowing testing part that is difficult to verify in simulation only.
- Application porting: Porting a real system application on the FPGA prototype helps to improve the architecture and to find bugs early in the SOC conception.
- Develop tests. Essentially in C language plus a few modules in Verilog.
- Debug tests on the FPGA board and under the logic simulator.
- Establishing the traceability matrix of test requirements.
For this internship, we are looking for a student in the field of embedded systems.
A strong general culture in the development of embedded systems on digital chips is required.
The qualities of autonomy, rigor, and ability to work as a team are important
Expected skills / knowledge
- Requirement analysis, development of a test plan
- Embedded software development in C.
- Digital module development in Verilog.
- Use of simulation and digital debug tools (QuestaSim or equivalent)
- Knowledge development on Systems on Chip (SoC)
- A good level of English is required