The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
We are looking for a good candidate to join our R&D team working in Sophia-Antipolis on the Côte d’Azur.
Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role & Missions
The candidate will integrate the R&D system team as a system engineer assistant.
The Silicon Mobility solution is based on OLEA® FPCU (Field Programmable Control Unit) that embeds a CPU core, programmable logic, memories, and peripherals. A Framework for Matlab® has been developed to make usage of this hardware solution easier.
The candidate’s responsibility consists of developing Simulink model based on requirements and existing hardware, defining and applying a verification method to ensure that developed Simulink Models are behaving like the version embedded in the FPCU.
This project will be divided into 3 main phases:
- Learning phase on the FPCU
- Use Framework for a simple example as a training
Model specification and development:
- Analyse the existing hardware specification.
- Specify the model functionality.
- Develop model (using Matlab® Simulink)
- Integrate the model in the automatic code generation flow.
Tests specification and Verification:
- Specify a method to verify Simulink Models (using potentially Matlab® and RTL simulation tool like QuestaSim)
- Precisely describe the test method (with its specificities)
- Develop the test and apply it.
Report issue(s) to development team
Required Skills and Experience
Last year of Master (BAC+5 or equivalent)
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
For this apprenticeship, we are looking for a candidate with:
- knowledge of Hardware design for embedded system
- C/C++, Java, Verilog or VHDL language
- knowledge of Matlab Simulink (would be appreciated)
- good English level
- autonomy, rigor, strong team spirit, strong problem-solving skills
- Quality approach
- Application software development
- Matlab/Simulink/Coder tools and several toolboxes.
- MATLAB® language
- General knowledge in microcontroller development
- Requirement analysis and specification writing
- Methodology and Quality management skills