As part of the Sales team, you will be one of the technical interfaces with Silicon Mobility’s customers, in both pre- and after-sales, and act as the key link between Silicon Mobility’s Sales and Engineering teams.
The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
The Company is opening a Field Application Engineer position in its Sales team located in Shanghai (P.R. China).
You are a brilliant and passionate engineer with great communication skills? You want to support the promotion and integration of disruptive products accelerating the car’s powertrain electrification? At Silicon Mobility, we like to light up our employee’s potential. Are you up for the challenge? Contact us: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Role & Missions
As part of the Sales team, you will be one of the technical interfaces with Silicon Mobility’s customers, in both pre- and after-sales, and act as the key link between Silicon Mobility’s Sales and Engineering teams. In this role, you will directly assist sales managers as the technical expert on Silicon Mobility products’ portfolio to secure design wins and manage technical support for the customers. You will establish and maintain close technical links with customer accounts to facilitate rapid resolution of customer issues and identify upgrade opportunities with existing accounts.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Promote and demonstrate Silicon Mobility’s products during customer visits
- Identify, evaluate and report customer project needs
- Architecture Silicon Mobility’s technical proposition to customers
- Handle pre-sales technical discussions of sales leads in order to define technical customer requirements
- Support in-depth customer technical evaluations and trainings
- Lead proof of concept, solution design and demonstrations to secure design-in
- Act as technical expert during customer visits or conference calls
- Support Silicon Mobility’s participation in international trade shows, exhibitions and industry events
- Write application notes and white papers
- Maintain customer relationships via visits, phone calls or e-mails
- Assess product and service satisfaction
- Provide inputs on requirements for next generation devices and tools.
The position requires pro-active involvement with all departments of the Company.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in electrical, electronic or system engineering
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 5 years of experience either in power electronics design or customer support in this field
- An excellent knowledge in embedded software development on automotive MCU or DSP
- A good knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink model based development and automatic code generation
- Experience in automotive hybrid or electric vehicle control applications e.g. Inverter, DC/DC, AC/DC or OBC
- Know-how of FPGA programming is a plus
- A good understanding of the software quality processes (SPICE, CMMI, MISRA)
- Automotive standard ISO26262 and AUTOSAR are appreciated
- Native in Chinese (Mandarin) language
- Fluent in English language
- Willing to travel frequently
- Self-motivated, pro-active, flexible and capable of accepting new challenges
- Demonstrate strong communication skills at customer technical and management levels
- Able to work efficiently across different teams within Silicon Mobility and customers