The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
The Company is opening an Automotive Embedded System Engineer position in its main Research and Development center ideally located in the Sophia-Antipolis Technology Park on the French Riviera.
You are a brilliant and passionate Embedded System engineer? You want to support the development of disruptive products accelerating the car’s powertrain electrification? At Silicon Mobility, we like to light up our employee’s potential. Are you up for the challenge? Contact us: send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Role & Missions
You will be in charge of participating in the development and validation of embedded system for the control and power management of the electric engine for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles. Silicon Mobility offers to the market a solution based on a FPCU (Field Programmable Control Unit) named OLEA. Your mission will consist in adapting and developing electric powertrain applications based on Silicon Mobility solution.
Your main activities will be:
- Requirement analysis
- Specifications writing
- System application algorithm model development, simulation and implementation on OLEA solution
- System application validation in HW system environment
- Quality handling
The position requires pro-active involvement with all departments of the Company and customers.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good university degree in electric/electronics system engineering
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in embedded system development for automotive application
- A knowledge of algorithm to control Inverter and AC/DC and DC/DC converter
- A strong knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- Experience in power electronics
- An expertise in C/C++ development for embedded system application
- A knowledge and experience on ISO 26262
- Experience on AUTOSAR
- Experience on ARM or other 32 bits RISC CPU environment
- Perfectly fluent in English
- German or Chinese speaking is a plus
- Be self-motivated, pro-active, flexible and capable of accepting new challenges
- Effective communication skills : be able to work efficiently across different teams within Silicon Mobility, taking into account their individual needs and constraints,
- Strong problem-solving skills: be able to identify issues, obstacles, and opportunities and then develop and implement effective solutions