The Automotive industry is living a revolution. Electrification, autonomous driving, diverse mobility, connectivity are trends that are drastically changing the industry’s rules. Among all decisive topics revolutionizing cars in the next future, Silicon Mobility is committed to support the rapid advent of electric and hybrid cars.
Silicon Mobility is a technology leader for cleaner, safer and smarter mobility. The company designs, develops and sells flexible, real-time, safe and open semiconductor solutions for the automotive industry used to increase energy efficiency and reduce pollutant emissions while keeping passengers safe.
The Company is opening an Automotive Embedded Software Engineer position in its main Research and Development center ideally located in the Sophia-Antipolis Technology Park on the French Riviera.
You are a brilliant and passionate embedded software engineer? You want to support the development of disruptive products accelerating the car’s powertrain electrification? At Silicon Mobility, we like to light up our employee’s potential. Are you up for the challenge? Contact us: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Role & Missions
As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will be in charge of the specification, development, validation of AUTOSAR Microcontroller Abstraction Layer (MCAL). You will also perform software integration within AUTOSAR Basic Software (BSW), with a strong focus on drivers for the control and power management of the engine for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Requirement analysis
- BSW component design, implementation
- Configuration of BSW and MCAL
- Validation using benches and electronics tools
- Support of the software component integration
- Quality handling
- Customer and supplier support
The position requires:
- Pro-active involvement with all departments of the Company
- Interaction with our valued customers and suppliers
- Good analysis of solving technical issues
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Embedded Software engineering
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in embedded drivers development in C language
- Experienced in embedded AUTOSAR Basic Software and Drivers development
- Experienced in Software development on ARM or other 32 bits RISC CPU environment
- Good knowledge of System-On-Chip
- Experienced in debugging tools
- Solid understanding of Electronics
- ISO 26262 knowledge and experience is a real advantage
- Perfectly fluent in English
- German or Chinese peaking is a plus
- Be self-motivated, pro-active, flexible and capable of accepting new challenges
- Effective communication skills : be able to work efficiently across different teams within Silicon Mobility, taking into account their individual needs and constraints
- Strong problem-solving skills: be able to identify issues, obstacles, and opportunities and then develop and implement effective solutions